SEIS issuance tightened by the Govt.June 29, 2018
Last Relaxation to EPCG Licence HoldersJanuary 16, 2020
Govt’s initiative to boost Indian Agriculture overseas introduced Transport and Marketing Assistance Scheme for specified agricultural products
On 27.02.2019 Govt of India notified a Scheme for “Transport and Marketing Assistance” (TMA) for some specified Agriculture products which will not only help the exporters to bring down the higher costs of transportation and will also help promote brand recognition for Indian agricultural products in the overseas markets.
Are you eligible for TMA?
All registered exporters registered with their relevant Export Promotion Councils of eligible agricultural products are eligible and covered under this scheme limiting to the exports made to permissible countries only except exporters exporting:
- Products from SEZs/ EOUs/ EHTPs/ STPs/ BTPs/ FTWZs
- SEZ/EOU/EHTPs/STPs/BTPs/FTWZs products through DTA units
- Imported goods covered under paragraph 2.46 of the FTP
- Products through trans-shipment, i.e. exports that are originating in third country but trans- shipped through India
- Items, which are restricted or prohibited for export under Schedule-2 of Export Policy in ITC (HS), unless specifically notified.
- Products which are subject to Minimum Export Price or export duty, unless specifically notified.
- Goods through courier or foreign post offices using e-Commerce
What is the export coverage period under the Scheme?
The TMA will be available for the exports effected from 01.03.2019 to 31.03.2020
What are the specific agriculture products eligible under the Scheme?
The assistance will be provided on the export of all agriculture products covered in HSN chapter 1 to 24 including marine and plantation products except those mentioned in Annexure (1).
What will be the modus operandi for the disbursal of the TMA?
The TMA will be disbursed through the regional Authorities of DGFT and for which a procedure has also been laid down. The procedure has been summed up for the convenience of the exporters as below:
- All Application to be made to Jurisdictional RAs headed by Additional DGFT.
- All the Application shall be submitted online and thereafter submission in hard copy within 30 days of online submission.
- The claim will be made on a quarterly basis i.e. for all the exports made in a particular quarter
- All claims shall be made within one year from the date of completion of the Quarter
- No assistance will be provided on FOB supplies where no freight paid
- The level of assistance will be different for different regions for export of eligible products. List of different regions eligible for TMA is provided in Annexure (2)
- Assistance will be disbursed only on the export realisations in foreign exchange in the name of exporters through normal banking channels
- Only exports made through EDI port will be eligible for TMA.
- The scheme is available for exports by Air as well as by Sea (both normal and reefer cargo)
- Shipments made by Sea in Full Container Load (FCL) can only be claimed for the TMA assistant
What we do:
We are a leading consulting firm specializing in the issues of and benefits for imports, exports and deemed exports of various companies and projects. We have been assisting businesses to get maximum benefits under Foreign Trade Policy, customs and other related laws and provisions. Our scope includes studying the company’s businesses, identifying the benefits that may be possible through a combination of schemes, make the plan and then executing such plan till the last mile. The execution normally includes complete planning, documentation, application preparation, submission, and representation at the authorities, follow up and liaison till the benefits in the form of licenses, scripts, cash are received.
The execution also includes one time and regular jobs at DGFT HQ, concerned ministries and departments for Policy Clarifications, Interpretations, Input Output Norms, Drawback rate fixation, Promotional benefits fixation, AEO and REX issuances, Restricted Import Licenses, Adjudication matters, SVB related issues, Project Imports (approvals and registrations) and other related issues.
In case you have any query, we will be glad to hear from you.